Old 26-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Jim Webster

Default Greed driving plant science

wrote in message

Jim Webster wrote:

wrote in message

"the ethical and technical problems of
maintaining vigilance over Xenotransplantation should not be

underestimated."

the english translation of that is "so funding will have to

increase"

My translation is : "don't be a fool, you are going to get burned,

even
with the best vigilance"

having seen the shroud wavers every year when grants are set I beg to
differ.

World health organisation back in 1989.

"There will be 1 million AIDS cases in Britian by the end of 1991"

by 1994 there had been 9000 cases

Same with BSE, we were promised millions dead before the turn of the
century, we have barely lost much more than a hundred.

But my god a lot of people have made good solid careers on the back of
these stories.
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'