Old 27-06-2014, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Odd kind of clover invading my lawn...

Indigo wrote in news:L-
:

http://www.seasonalwildflowers.com/a...ed-medick.html

Yes, it could be that. The leaves on mine are heart-shaped, on closer
examination (not "triangular" as I previously stated - sorry).

Thanks for the suggestions. I will turf out the affected patch and re-plant
with "Eco-Lawn" seed, which is what I have been using on the other part of
my garden that I turned into lawn. If any of the spotted medic remains,
I'll probably purchase that selective weedkiller you kindly suggested.

Actually, this strain of spotted medic looks like it would make quite an
effective maintenance-free lawn in itself! It seems to require no cutting,
and seems to effectively smother everything in its path. So, perhaps I
should just let it run riot, until my entire lawn is 100% spotted medic!

However it looks kind of ugly whwn only 1 sq mtr of the lawn is affected.

Al