Old 27-06-2014, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT web site question

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 09:09:30 +0200, Martin wrote:

Whatever you do pls don't use a wmv file. Even a mac needs a

special
plugin to read these ...

OTOH the vast majority use Windows :-)

If Charlie still has the broadcast resolution file file I think it
would be advantageus to have at least an MP4(*) encoded with a modern
coder (H268? if that is what HTML5 browsers understand). One thing
that struck me about the current clip, is the quality, it's not very
good for the size of the file. I think the resolution could be upped
a bit and a better codec used to bring the filesize down but retain
the quality.

(*) And OGG if you insist. You only *need* one and I suspect that MP4
will have wider support than OGG. Having both just covers more
browsers.

--
Cheers
Dave.

I do still have the original video for both clips, I have now changed the
clips on the web site to MP4 but sadly my Android tablet still doesn't like
them!

Changing the file format was easy and quick, I have looked at HTML5 but I am
not sure if/how I can change at least the home page over to that? You must
understand I am a bear of little brain and don't really want to spend hours
re doing 800 pages on my web site just so a couple of clips work. but if
there is a way I can re code the home page I will give that a go.

I am sure the un flattering comments about my old Frontpage program are
completely justified but it did the job at the time and was free as some
gave it to me when upgrading.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs