Old 27-06-2014, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Driftwood Garden, East Sussex

On 2014-06-27 10:05:54 +0000, Martin said:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 09:58:48 +0100, sacha wrote:

snip

I'd like to go to Gt. Dixter again in a year or so, perhaps in spring.
I particularly like the fact that a lot of it is meadow and provides a
lovely, naturalistic setting for the managed garden.

Here are some more gardens to visit in the area
http://www.hha.org.uk/stately-homes-...ardens-in-kent
http://www.hha.org.uk/stately-homes-...in-west_sussex

We're leaving for home tomorrow, so that's our sight-seeing done. But
I'd very much like to return to the area to see more. We didn't venture
into west Sussex as there's so much to see here and even then we didn't
manage a tenth of what could be done. Today we went to Batemans,
Kipling's wonderful old house which I would like very much to possess!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com