Old 28-06-2014, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Driftwood Garden, East Sussex

On 2014-06-28 07:44:19 +0000, Martin said:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:12:29 +0100, David Hill

wrote:
snip

Whilst in that area a visit to Bodium Castle is worth while, no gardens
but the best kept castle in the UK, and where Ivanhoe was filmed; for
those with long memories.

+1
I've a horrible feeling that I privately recommended Herstmonceux to
Sacha. when
I meant Bodiam. It is easier to spell too. OTOH Herstmonceux does have
gardens.

Lol! I wish we'd 'done Bodiam' but no time. As for Hurstmonceux, that
will have to be another trip to somewhere, sometime. I want to see Leeds
Castle and Hever some time, too but we're too far from them to do it in
this trip which is meant to be a holiday, too!

Well when you go back for Leeds Castle and the rest you must go to
Canterbury, if you haven't been there, well worth a visit.