Old 28-06-2014, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT web site question

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 18:20:26 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

As Derek said the file will then need to be in one of the natively
supported video formats.

Actually, what Derek said was that the file needs to be in BOTH of the
natively-supported formats eg.

video width="320" height="240" controls
source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4"
source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg"
Your browser does not support the video tag.
/video

That way, the browser will play whichever of the formats it supports. If
it supports neither then the text message is displayed.

By the way, FrontPage is the work of the Devil (well, Microsoft, and
that's as near as damn it). AFAIK it has never produced a line of
standards-compliant code. Even Mickey$oft have washed their hands of it.
If you must use a wysiwyg editor (and I'd suggest you don't) then the only
one I'd recommend at present is Blue Griffon, for no other reason than it
supports HTML5, which most of the others haven't caught up with yet. Oh
and it's free and open-source

I will have a go at this after the weekend, thank you.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs