Old 29-06-2014, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Deep coloured lavender

While in Sussex we frequently saw a very deep coloured lavender which
wasn't known to us. We asked the head gardener at Batemans which it is
and he said that, to the best of his recollection, it's L. Hidcote.
There's no question of it being any L.Hidcote we know, so we wondered
if the soil conditions there make a big difference to colour? Perhaps
someone who knows the area and has some experience of gardening there
will be able to tell me? David Hill?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com