Old 26-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Tim Lamb

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article , Torsten Brinch
writes
Do you think you are drawing attention to a significant factor in the
situation, and if so, why?

I've seen the thought expressed on a website, from memory, that "as
long as these unclaimed monetary compensations are not made available
British family farms will continue to disappear". I consider that hype
unbased in reality, what do you think?

From the figures you and Jim have posted, this would not be sufficient
to *save* loss making businesses. It is very illustrative of our present
Governments attitude to the farming industry and rural interests.

Bearing in mind the average age of farmers faced with the decision, it
does not read as supportive or caring.

regards

--
Tim Lamb