Old 29-06-2014, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default I think they got it wrong

Tim Watts wrote:

The Met Office are buggers for predicting howling rain a week in
advance, then changing their mind at the last minute.

One thing I learned is to have several grains of salt handy for any
forecast more than 2 or 3 days ahead. With computer models, localized
forecasts for immediate future are pretty good. The U.S. weather service
has a similar forecast based on zip (postal) code; I just apply a
temperature fudge because I'm about a thousand feet higher than the
pertinent post office...