Old 29-06-2014, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I think they got it wrong

On 29/06/14 21:42, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,
says...

The Met Office are buggers for predicting howling rain a week in
advance, then changing their mind at the last minute.

They seem to change their minds 2 or 3 times a day!

We had a church strawberry tea this afternoon, and I looked at
the forecast yeaterday, it started off as rain all afternoon at
9.00am, dry all afternoon at 3.00pm, intermittant showers at
9.00pm, and showers this morning at 9.00am!

In the event is was dry and mostly sunny all afternoon! (And
plenty of strawberries were eaten)

We lie between several hills and that seems to mess up their guesstimates.

I *have* noticed however, with the MET, that you sometimes get a
forecast saying rain, then in the last 24 hours, it changes to "no
rain", then it rains anyway at around the time they originally guessed!

Sadly precipitation is very difficult to calculate and it's actually
what most people acre about in England.

Temperature and wind seems to be quite accurate.