Old 29-06-2014, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Odd kind of clover invading my lawn...

On 29/06/14 21:54, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/06/2014 13:45, Tim Watts wrote:
+1. I like daisies, buttercups and clover and random other things -
especially when they pop up to flower once in a while.

It's when a Bee orchid appeared I knew I was doing it right

Andy

Wow...

I like having a "controlled" meadow garden. Since I took a Bosch
verticutter to it and removed about 5m3 of moss and thatch, the grass is
a lot happier (I did overseed with grass and clover and some meadow
flower mixed seeds) - and the birds love it because the worms are easy
to find.

We have at least 2 blackbird families and a very round dove that are
always about.

When the lawn flowers, bees are floating around everywhere.

And at night snails come out in their dozens. I do not grow vegetables
so they bother me not - and the birds like them too.