Old 29-06-2014, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff[_20_] Jeff[_20_] is offline

Default I think they got it wrong

On 29/06/2014 18:31, Gary Woods wrote:

One thing I learned is to have several grains of salt handy for any
forecast more than 2 or 3 days ahead. With computer models, localized
forecasts for immediate future are pretty good. The U.S. weather service
has a similar forecast based on zip (postal) code; I just apply a
temperature fudge because I'm about a thousand feet higher than the
pertinent post office...

I agree with Gary about trying to predict our weather more than 2 or 3
days in advance but you could have look here for a 10-day forecast:

http://bit.ly/1iRtf4E

Also, Michael Fish's forecast for the week ahead (Netweather) predicts
"unseasonably" high winds for the UK this coming weekend.
Good Luck!

Jeff

---