Old 30-06-2014, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Driftwood Garden, East Sussex

On 30/06/2014 20:13, David Hill wrote:
On 30/06/2014 18:00, Spider wrote:
On 29/06/2014 22:26, Martin wrote:

On 2014-06-28 11:11:20 +0000, Spider said:

On 28/06/2014 00:44, David Hill wrote:
On 27/06/2014 22:23, Spider wrote:
On 27/06/2014 15:00, David Hill wrote:
On 27/06/2014 14:24, Spider wrote:
And I was pleased to give a postcode because I thought it would
help
David (and his Satnav) find exactly where it was, just in case he
wished
to visit.

Satnav !!!!!!!
Wash your mouth out.

Yup. Just finished a pint of tea.

I'm a map person.
Preferably OS maps which I read like a book.

Yes, I like mysteries, too! ;~)

You get them from cheap maps and more often from on line route
planners

Too right! You're talking to someone who, when asked "how far is it
to the next turn off?", answered "Half an inch" !! Well, I didn't
know if it was 3 or 5 inches to the mile because the map have been
folded to a show a specific area, so I gave the only measurement I
could. That's my excuse and I'm glued to it.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I did almost exactly that just
yesterday!

Thank you, Sacha! I thought it was reasonable, too, but RG has dined
out on it a few times already. Apparently, many people fail to see the
reason in it. It doesn't help that I'm blonde, old, over the hill and
far away :~}.

So that's where you really were.
At least you didn't buy a road atlas with maps printed with both
north at the
top and north at the bottom, for out going and return journeys. It
isn't clear
how those going from east to west or west to east are supposed to use
it.

Martin ... what's 'east' and 'west'? ;~)

That's left and right, or right and left depending on which way you are
looking.

Right. Thanks, David. All that's left is for me to go to bed. Thank
goodness I don't need a map for that!

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London