Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Driftwood Garden, East Sussex

On 2014-06-26 16:57:25 +0000, Spider said:

On 26/06/2014 16:33, sacha wrote:
We saw this yesterday afternoon and hugely enjoyed seeing it because it
is the most terrific example of what can be done with the average-sized
garden. If you get to East Sussex, visit Driftwood Garden on one of
their many Open Days for the NGS. It's the most staggering and
inspirational garden to show what can be achieved without possessing
rolling acres but having an eye, imagination, a love of plants and great
energy and enthusiasm. This is a real 'must see' garden, ioo. There's a
terrific range of plants, not an inch of wasted ground and all done in
the teeth of salt-laden winds.

It sounds gorgeous. Did you take any pics?

Yes but they're very slow to upload, so I may have to wait until I get home.

Spider, I've just checked my iPhone and I didn't take photos at
Driftwood! Too busy gawping and chatting, I suppose. But there's a web
site with loads of photos. Geoffrey takes some almost every day:
http://www.geoffstonebanks.co.uk/images.html They're a lot better
than anything I could do, anyhow. From where you live, would this be a
long drive? The garden is open about 18 times a year, I think he said,
so there are lots of dates to choose from. Others are sometimes open at
the same time in that area. He has artists' days also and altogether,
they've raised something like £38,000 for charity in about 5
years.http://www.geoffstonebanks.co.uk/events.html
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com