Old 01-07-2014, 09:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Stinkweed[_3_] Stinkweed[_3_] is offline

Default Img-1208-Angle Wing Begonia

I have another one in the house I will have to take a photo of it as I don't
know what kind of begonia it is, maybe you will know.

"joevan" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:43:26 -0500, "Stinkweed"
wrote:

We have these in the nurseries around here and they are beautiful but the
large ones die on me. But the Angle Wing Begonia is doing well. I don't
know much about them, I understand they can get quite tall, I don't know
exactly what that means.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
.. .
"Stinkweed" wrote

My neighbor gave me a start of this plant last fall and it is doing
really
well. It started flowering a week or so ago and is just beautiful.

I love begonias too, I have some red tuberous ones that I inherited from
my Mother when she died in '93 and she had grown them for years. Also
bought some expensive large flowered ones from Blackmore & Langdon Ltd
which have huge flowers.

http://www.blackmore-langdon.com/category/Begonias

I know there is a nursery in the USA that sells their plants. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

My cane begonias grow 3 feet high and sometime more.