Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Mushroom ID

On 2/07/2014 12:22 AM, Ross@home wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:18:45 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I have found a patch several , actually of what I believe to be
chanterelle mushrooms . Does anyone here have the knowledge to help me ID
these ? I will post photos of both the 'shrooms where they're growing and
the one I picked to ID them .
We love mushrooms ... I sure hope these are edible !

I won't offer any opinion on the mushroom identity but, I'd recommend
a cautious check on some of the other vegetation growing around them.
In the photo showing the tip of your shoe, compare the plant above and
to the left of the mushrooms, at about 11 o'clock, as well as the one
to the right of your toe to this: http://tinyurl.com/3ylv9h

Now that sort of post is guaranteed to get people to click on the link :-)

I've always wondered what poison ivy looks like. And now that I've
done a google hunt on it I find that it is a member of the rhus family -
I wonder if we have any native to this country - next google job......