Old 02-07-2014, 08:12 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Soakaway

On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 07:49:43 +0100, Judith in England wrote:

I think i'd turn down the watering and keep an eye on the plants

in
the raised beds.

We have the watering coming on twice during the night - for 15 mins each
time - six hours apart.
I did this last year - and the raised beds did not get "soggy" at all.

Thought you said the beds drained "very very well". Or are you really
referring to the ground around? The fact that there is excess water
some where shows that there is excess watering.

All the produce from them was fantastic. So I don't think the watering
is the problem

Meh, I and several others seem to think it is on the information
provided.

- it is the getting rid of that water once it has left the raised beds.

There should only be enough water entering the beds to keep them damp
enough for the plants, if water is running out there is too much of
it. Not to menation it'll be leaching out nutrients.

--
Cheers
Dave.