Old 26-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Dave Roberts

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article , Tim Lamb
writes
I have modest needs. I need gainful employment for 6 more years. Which
particular frying pan should I aim for?

Become a plumber, quick !

I rang my plumber (thankfully I have one) the other day as I need some
work doing and ask him how business was. Unsurprisingly rushed off his
feet was the reply.

He said he kept getting phone calls from companies from inside and
around the M25 who were looking for plumbers qualified to work with gas
(which he is) to service and install gas central heating boilers and
systems. They were offering him around 80,000 pounds per year.

Wasn't he tempted I asked ?

Why should I travel all that way to work and take a cut in wages was his
reply !

Cheers
Dave