Old 05-07-2014, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Looks Like a Good Soft Fruit Season

Well into picking now, and I realise that (apart from the
gooseberry disater) this season is turing out very prolific.
Currants, red and black have set masses of fruit, blackcurrants
so much in places that there is just a mass of small berries as
there is no where for them to swell into. Where setting is more
reasonable, berries are very large and juicy.

Loganberries and raspberries are fruiting well, although the
autumn fruiting raspberries have not grown as tall as usual and
some are starting to fruit already.

Blueberries look much bigger than usual, and are begining to
ripen.

All we need now is a couple of dry weeks to get out and pick it
all!

Is anyone else finding the same, or is it just our Welsh micro-
climate, stuck here between two mountain ranges?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales