Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 AM
OldWasp OldWasp is offline
Registered User

Default Growing grass from seed

Hello

I have never grown grass before so would appreciate some advice.

When I moved in, my garden was an absolute jungle due to it being untouched for around 10 years. I have now cleared one side and want to get grass growing.

My question is about using a weed barrier to stop any roots/seeds from coming back up.

Would this work do you think? Obviously, I would use a weed barrier that allows water to drain through and I would probably have around 3 inches of top soil/compost on top for my seeds.

Also, is it best to use compost on the top to level it all off, or do I need to use top soil? I am not really sure what the difference between the two is.

Thanks for any help