Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default eggplant flowers

Todd wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first year at "trying" to grow eggplant.
I have never seen an eggplant flower before. Is it
just me, or is that flower the most beautiful purple
dicot flower on the face of this earth?

There are many beautiful flowers of plants that are grown primarily for
other purposes.

Just out of curiously, how soon will it take
to turn into food. I figure a have a bit to come
up with a suitable story to tell the plant what
I am about to do with their offspring. I think
I will use the "ride in the country" story I used
on my zukes last year. They seem to have bought it.
Plants is "so" stupid.

-T

It depends on the cultivar and conditions but they are generally not fast to
grow and mature - say 2 to 4 months.