Old 07-07-2014, 09:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default eggplant flowers

On 07/07/2014 12:15 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Eggplant being in the nightshade family does most of it's growing at
night... needs hot sunny weather during daytime when it stores energy,
then at night it uses that energy to grow. There are many types of
eggplant, I mostly grow the Chinese and Japanese eggplant, they have
thinner skin and far fewer seeds, I also like their configuration
(long/thin) for grilling.
http://www.foodsubs.com/Eggplants.html
Occasionally I'm treated with a 'girly' eggplant:
http://i57.tinypic.com/2hplwjt.jpg

Hi Brooklyn1,

I have been told by someone that tomatoes only
ripen at night when it is nice and hot. Is this
the case? It has been 95 F in the day and 65 F
at night.

Many thanks,
-T