Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default eggplant flowers

Todd wrote:
On 07/07/2014 03:04 AM, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first year at "trying" to grow eggplant.
I have never seen an eggplant flower before. Is it
just me, or is that flower the most beautiful purple
dicot flower on the face of this earth?

There are many beautiful flowers of plants that are grown primarily
for other purposes.

Buzz kill.

I take this to mean I am some kind of party-pooper. I don't know why you
would say that, beauty is all around. How is my observation of that
destructive of your observation of one case?

How often do you see pretty flowers on food plants?

Often. Try passion fruit, quince (not the so-called flowering quince the
fruiting one), feijoa (pineapple guava), apple, pear, globe artichoke, many
stone fruits, many cucurbits. The first three are as attractive as the
eggplant in my (subjective) opinion. Google some images and don't be so
insular.

D.