Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Our Hedgehog

On 2014-07-09 22:19:26 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

This week we have had a hedgehog in our garden, not seen one for 15 or
so years, unfortunately we have seen it because it's been about in
daylight which they should never be. Fed it wet cat food for three days
but it was still about late this morning. Spoke to our "local" rescue
centre and they said get him there ASAP as a Hedgehog would never be
about in daylight unless they had a serious problem.
They suspect internal parasites, will check his poo and treat, we then
have to go and pick him up and put him back in our garden.

Until today I was not aware that any hedgehog about during the day
should immediately be taken to a rescue centre without question.

There's a Facebook page for a hedgehog rescue centre and they emphasise
that extremely strongly and say take them in without delay. The stories
they have to tell about the ills and accidents that befall hedgehogs
make my hair stand on end but they do wonderful work in curing them
wherever possible.http://www.hedgehog-rescue.org.uk
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com