Old 10-07-2014, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default It's Official

In article
" writes:
This is the worst gardening year I have ever had. The peppers have been a disaster since I started them in
January, the voles were a huge problem early on, it stayed cold forever and then it instantly got hot
ruining the cabbage and broccoli. As of today the cucumbers are all yellow and there are no more flowers
and the squash has borers. Guess it is going to be an expensive winter.
MJ

Sorry to hear all the bad luck got delivered to the same address.

My broccoli is really puzzling. One of the varieties has a bunch
of plants that are about 2 inches tall, and they've been that size
for about 2 months. This was direct seeded. I think I'll start
them inside next year. I'm just baffled that they neither grow nor
die.

The peas gave me about 7 small pods and never got tall, but I know
that I planted them much later than I should have. The green beans
are dong okay, but I should have planted a second row about a month
ago.

--
Drew Lawson

I only came in search of answers, never planned to sell my soul
I only came in search of something left that I could call my own