Old 11-07-2014, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Our Hedgehog

In article , says...

Am I right in thinking that it's a myth that hedgehogs are riddled
with fleas, or is it true?

All the ones I've ever seen up close, (scores) were riddled with fleas.
We used to have a dog which was obsessed with hunting hedgehogs and apart from the
unfortunate effect on hedgehogs, the other big problem was that the dogs muzzle
would be crawling.

As a child I kept a pet hedgehog and got bitten by its fleas all the time. On a
particularly hot summer day on the London tube, I was the only person wearing a
lo9ng sleeved cardigan.. enforced by aunt who was ashamed to be seen with my
fleabitten arms.

Janet.