Old 11-07-2014, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Our Hedgehog

On 2014-07-11 18:24:20 +0000, janet said:

In article ,
says...

Am I right in thinking that it's a myth that hedgehogs are riddled
with fleas, or is it true?

All the ones I've ever seen up close, (scores) were riddled with fleas.
We used to have a dog which was obsessed with hunting hedgehogs and
apart from the
unfortunate effect on hedgehogs, the other big problem was that the
dogs muzzle
would be crawling.

As a child I kept a pet hedgehog and got bitten by its fleas all
the time. On a
particularly hot summer day on the London tube, I was the only person
wearing a
lo9ng sleeved cardigan.. enforced by aunt who was ashamed to be seen
with my
fleabitten arms.

Janet.

As always, you're sure to know better than those who deal with them,
handle them and treat them in double figures, every single day.

Eh....ouch!

--
Pete C
adventure before dementia