Old 12-07-2014, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Our Hedgehog

In article , says...

On 2014-07-11 18:24:20 +0000, janet said:

In article ,
says...

Am I right in thinking that it's a myth that hedgehogs are riddled
with fleas, or is it true?

All the ones I've ever seen up close, (scores) were riddled with fleas.
We used to have a dog which was obsessed with hunting hedgehogs and
apart from the
unfortunate effect on hedgehogs, the other big problem was that the dogs muzzle
would be crawling.

As a child I kept a pet hedgehog and got bitten by its fleas all the
time. On a
particularly hot summer day on the London tube, I was the only person wearing a
lo9ng sleeved cardigan.. enforced by aunt who was ashamed to be seen with my
fleabitten arms.

Janet.

As always, you're sure to know better than those who deal with them,
handle them and treat them in double figures, every single day.

As ever, you're incapable of reading comprehension.

The fact any species of flea is host-specific does NOT mean it's incapable of
getting onto or biting other non-host animals. They just won't colonise it.

http://www.hedgehogs.org.uk/page2.html

Janet