Old 12-07-2014, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default hydrogen peroxide / oxygenation

On 12/07/2014 16:17, Chris Hogg wrote:
On 12 Jul 2014 14:55:39 GMT, Emery Davis
wrote:

Particularly this wet year, I've been having a lot of trouble with wet
roots, bad root growth and shabby seedlings failing to thrive.

I've started experimenting with hydrogen peroxide, bought from a
"growshop" at 35% strength and used ~ 3 ml/12 l as per the instructions
for oxygenation. Too early to tell if this is having an effect, but I
was wondering if anyone else has used hydrogen peroxide for watering; it
seems a standard technique in hydroponics anyway.

Dull, wet and cold weather, ugh.

-E

I know nowt about it's use in horticulture, but I would have thought
its main benefit would be in sterilisation, especially important in a
hydroponic system I would think.

Might be worth trying laundry bleach (sodium percarbonate) which is in
powder form and only activates on contact with water. Easy to mix into
the soil I would have thought