Old 12-07-2014, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Rabbit!

On 07/12/2014 03:19 PM, Frank wrote:
On 7/12/2014 1:50 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:

You also don't know anything about the poverty in the areas where
Walmart chooses to locate, where there are literally no other job
options available.

That's like saying that Amazon is located on the net because all users
are dirt poor. Walmart stores are located in neighborhoods of all
socieo economic levels but mostly affluent... if the Walmart where you
live is located in a ghetto what does that say about you? It's no
coincidence that the Walmart bashers are typically at the lowest
socieo economic level. Obviously you've no marketable skills, and it
shows from reading your posts, it's highly unlikely that you finished
high school. There are three Super Walmarts that I shop in the area
where I live, all in very affluent NY Capitol district hoods... in
fact the largest Walmart in the US is located in a very affluent
section of Albany. Several of my neighbors work for Walmart, all very
well paid and happy with their job... maybe you and your ilk are of
the mind set that all Walmart employees stock grocery shelves, nothing
is further from the truth, most of their employees are in management
positions, many hold highly technical positions... Walmart pays its
accountants, IT people, buyers, marketing people, building maintenance
staff, etc. as well as any comparable company and usually better.
People with your attitude feel the way you do because you aren't
qualified to stock Walmart's shelves. I also know people who think
like you, they or someone in their family was fired from Walmart for
stealing and/or drugging. Walmart has a very strict policy regarding
stealing and drugging, one offence and you're gone. Walmart also does
not tolerate poor attendance, if you don't show or are late you had
better have a good reason. I've even ran into folks shopping at
Walmart who have told me that they hate Walmart, that they'd never
shop there... and there they are with a full cart of groceries. I
like Walmart, simply because I like paying less. However their stores
are also spacious, scrupulously clean, there's lots of parking, their
staff is helpful and polite, and they sell the same exact products as
everywhere else only at lower prices... the bottle of Heinz ketchup at
Walmart is precisely the same as from any other store, only it costs
significantly less. Why don't you apply for a job at Walmart, I'd be
curious to know if they'd hire you to mop their toilets.

I gather HB lives in the land of the fruits and the nuts - not the real
world.

He lives in the PRC (Peoples Republic of California). You got
to love Jerry Brown: a left wing fiscal conservative who keeps
his word!

I find local Walmart a great place to shop with good prices and friendly
help.

If you can find anyone to help.

Walmart also goes through extra pains to make sure it sells decent
products. I've done some work for a couple of vendors wanting to sell
there and know this as Walmart required information on the products that
other stores didn't.

I have worked for those that sell to Walmart. Walmart is brutal
on them. It is very hard to make a living selling to them.
But, it is not personal. It is just business

By the way, I have always found the argument that Walmart
places themselves in economically challenged areas to be
a bit lazy. 1) it is not true, and 2) if it was true, why
would you want to take those jobs away, other than you'd
rather poor folks suck off the public tit rather than work for
a living?

By the way, sometimes Walmart sells marginal rejects on
stuff because they are cheaper. For instance, don't
buy AAA, or AA batteries from them. Half of them will
be dead before their expiration date. But this is no
different from being informed on your purchases no matter
where you shop.

Now, lets get all those poor people working at Walmart
out of their jobs and on the public tit!

The problem with Walmart is 1) they are successful and 2) they
are non-union.

Oh and they make great bunny repellent.