Old 14-07-2014, 05:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Pre-treat weeds with soapy water before spraying weed killer?

Jon Danniken writes:

On 07/14/2014 02:15 AM, philo wrote:
No way would I ever toxify my yard, I found that after a good rain it's
pretty easy to pull out the weeds roots and all.

A number of years ago garlic mustard took over and after a good rain,
those things came out with little effort and now that I've cleared the
yard , no more than three or four return each year.

Yep. A number of years ago I used some of the Weed-B-Gon on my yard to
get rid of a dandelion infestation. While it worked well, I noticed
that the local squirrels were acting a bit strange for a few weeks
afterwards. In the following years, I noticed a similar behavior
pattern near other neighbors who used the products.

Squirrels acting strange?

Is there a punch line or was that it?

--
Dan Espen