Old 15-07-2014, 01:01 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Pre-treat weeds with soapy water before spraying weed killer?

HomeGuy" "Home wrote:
Terry Coombs used improper usenet message composition style by
unnecessarily full-quoting:

FWIW and for anyone who cares , QUIT KILLING THE BEES !
Just about every one of those compounds for killing weeds has an
effect on our pollinators.

I think you're confusing herbicides and insecticides.

Herbicides have no designed or documented effects

* directly *

on insects
as far as I know, apart from reducing potential pollen sources from
flowering weeds.

Then you'd best update your info , because glyphosate has been implicated
in CCD . You can bet your sweet ass I won't be using anything that hasn't
been PROVEN safe for bees , there's a pretty big investment sittin' out
there in the orchard .

--
Snag