Old 14-07-2014, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Which fruit tree?

In article ,
lid says...

There's a wall at one side of my garden which has a young, sick ash
tree. Unless some miracle happens and it looks all healthy the rest of
the year I'm going to rung bark it late in the season - which will give
me a west facing wall,

IME ringbarking doesn't kill ash. More likely it will give you a multi stemmed
coppiced ash tree. If it's too big to dig out (without destabilising the wall) I
suggest saw it to a stump, drill holes and apply a stump killer.

I'd certainly get it out even if it looks healthy, because ash rapidly make very
large trees and their roots can mess with walls.

Janet