Old 15-07-2014, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Weird weather

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

This is such a weird year for weather! I'd have sworn we'd get a
downpour last night but we got a tiny drizzle and then nothing. Today
is mainly clear blue sky and the wind is just a zephyr from the west.
It seems to b e a year of prolonged dry spells and then ferocious
downpours - one succeeding the other.
--

Sacha

The HOT bit is yet to come, you just wait!!!

I am afraid that I am partly to blame as I had to rearrange two sets of my
water butts. The 5 behind the garage had got a 'tilt' on the platform they
were on so I used them on the beds and stripped 3 of the five out, levelled
up and waited for the rain. The one under the veranda at the back of the
house, well, the base it was standing on collapsed and we have had to have a
new stand and new butt!! The was a dustbin full of water in that one, so you
tell how low we are on that one. However, the one at the side of the house
is almost full.

urglers who visit us will know the ones I am talking about.

Mike