Old 15-07-2014, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Weird weather

"Sacha" wrote...

This is such a weird year for weather! I'd have sworn we'd get a downpour
last night but we got a tiny drizzle and then nothing. Today is mainly
clear blue sky and the wind is just a zephyr from the west. It seems to b e
a year of prolonged dry spells and then ferocious downpours - one
succeeding the other.

The trouble for us is that we seldom get the heavy downpours, all our
friends say we live in a dry spot. Time after time we phone people who tell
us it's pouring where they are, only a few miles away, but it's dry here or
we go visit and when leaving it's pouring there only for the roads to become
dry as we approach home. Could it partly be Heathrow? I wonder if the
constant plane movements through the clouds break them up like the rockets
they use in the fruit growing parts of France to disperse hail storm clouds.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.