Old 15-07-2014, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Rabbit!

In article
Fran Farmer writes:

I've always found it fascinating to ponder the rates of passport
ownership which is so different in our two countries. Last time I
checked, my country had nearly a 50% passport ownership in comparison to
only about 25% in the US. Given how easily, quickly and cheaply you mob
can get to Europe as opposed to how long it takes us, and how expensive
it is to get there from here, I'm often spent time wondering why is it so.

One aspect is lack of need (or perceived need).

While many aspects of the USA are highly homogenized, there really
is a pretty good variety of experience without leaving the country.
And that doesn't require customs, flying across an ocean or several
other hassles. Certainly I know people in the US who are very fond
of Europe, and go whenever there is an opportunity.

I've never been. It has appeal, but while I like experiencing the
variety, I hate being a tourist. That is probably because I grew
up outside Washington DC and saw the constant waves of tourists
getting the standard tours and the pamphlet experience.

--
|Drew Lawson | Mrs. Tweedy! |
| | The chickens are revolting! |