Old 15-07-2014, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Weird weather

On 2014-07-15 08:45:34 +0000, Tim Watts said:

On 15/07/14 07:43, Sacha wrote:
This is such a weird year for weather! I'd have sworn we'd get a
downpour last night but we got a tiny drizzle and then nothing. Today is
mainly clear blue sky and the wind is just a zephyr from the west. It
seems to b e a year of prolonged dry spells and then ferocious downpours
- one succeeding the other.

I prefer that over endless drizzle.

So do I and a good soak is very beneficial to the garden - but only if
the sun comes back!

However my neighbours down the hill were not impressed with the
monsoon and marble sized hailstones last week - quite a lot of flash
flooding. My lawn was under an inch of water just on account of the clay.

We didn't see hail but we had some torrential rain for a while and the
paths were running with water. But it's back to watering every morning now.

Here in "Wet Wales" we didn't get enough rain to do any good, in fact it
didn't even wash the privet flowers off the car, we had a few heavy
showers none lasting more than 10 min in the evening, so it's on with
the watering, but what precipitation we had will be enough to get the
weeds growing.
David @ a dry side of Swansea Bay