Old 15-07-2014, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Rabbit!

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:59:03 AM UTC-7, Drew Lawson wrote:
In article

Fran Farmer writes:

On 14/07/2014 10:41 PM, Drew Lawson wrote:

In article

Fran Farmer writes:

In addition tourists gripe where tips are expected to be handed over

after any form of service provision. Employers who expect customers to

pay for both goods received and then service provided by their employee

rather than them pay a proper wage are considered to be exploitative.

How about those cruises & trips (not my cuppa) where one is EXPECTED to pay "gratuities" of 'n' $ per day!! Way to not scare off customers by quoting all-inclusive price. This is one of the big hates of tour travelers.

I don't mind tipping food/drink servers because I am used to it.

You do something because you're used to it? That could be extrapolated in all kinds of directions. "The unexamined life is not worth living." g Socrates. Not necessarily my favorite person -- see "The Trial of Socrates" by I.F. Stone, but he did have some pithy one-liners.

I'm less clear on all the other variations -- cabs, bellmen, etc.

Why? They all depend on tips because the *&^^$#( society is structured that way.

If it worked, I wouldn't be bothered by it. But the truth of the

situation is a big assortment of disfunctions -- jerks tip small,

happy people with the money tip more, the waitress with bigger boobs

gets bigger tips, etc.

Actually, poorer people tip more because they know what it's like to work hard for shit wages.
Probably true about the large, undefined category of "jerks".
Typical male response about morphology of waitresses.
No attempt to at least project tipping philosophy of female customers.

But your .sig is cute.

HB