Old 16-07-2014, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Loops: way of hanging hosepipe

In article ,
Derek Turner wrote:

It would appear that Windows Live Mail is broken and doesn't understand sig
separators. Why does that not surprise me?

Wonders will never cease! I am going to say a good word for Microsoft,
and even its poxious mailer :-)

No, it's not broken, that so-called signature separator mechanism is.
It always was a stupid idea, perpetrated by a few ignorant fanatics,
sneaked into an RFC on other matters, and has never worked. If it
had used a less cretinous set of characters, it might have been
accepted by the mailer communities but, as it is, it never has been.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.