Old 17-07-2014, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_3_] Pam Moore[_3_] is offline

Default Cannas

This year, for the first time, I bought some expensive cannas.
They are in pots, doing well but one is being eaten. The ends of the
new rolled-up leaves are being turned to lace and I fear for the
flower buds. If it were slugs/snails surely I'd see some silver trails
on the leaves? There is nothing. I seem to remember a few years ago on
GQT somebody had a similar problem and as the leaves unfurled the
bites came out as letters.Nothing so spectacular on mine.
Any ideas about the culprit?

Pam near Bristol