Old 17-07-2014, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Peek[_2_] Steve Peek[_2_] is offline

Default USA politics and culture wars

On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:20:04 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:24:22 AM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:

David Harebrained wrote:

For me, he is now filtered for a few months and Higgs

will join him if there is not self control evident soon.

Anyway let's get back to gardens.

Don't see you making any attempt, you just keep provoking them,

you are who needs to exercise self control.

Careful! We do not know the scope of his power!

My veggie garden just started about three weeks ago:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2qso58h.jpg

Back lawn freshly mowed:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2zic8bl.jpg

Front lawn freshly mowed:

http://i60.tinypic.com/mvrpz9.jpg

Three wise Fat Alberts:

http://i60.tinypic.com/24pctg5.jpg

Apple moocher:

http://i61.tinypic.com/x23xps.jpg

Apple moocher bedding down for the night:

http://i62.tinypic.com/300r8dj.jpg

Barney the rescued barn cat:

http://i61.tinypic.com/vo0pk9.jpg

Cali, Barney's sister:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2irn2ts.jpg

Barn cats are tough:

http://i59.tinypic.com/1564fb8.jpg

My Jilly, the Mensa cat:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2wgvjt1.jpg

You have a Mensa cat??!!! Tell - how does she actually manifest her IQ!

My Pericles does little except eat, sleep, check up on all visitors, and jump into my lap when I'm trying to read out on the patio.

He DOES have a sort of motional eating disorder: He can have a full dish of food, but nooooo! He has to jump on my computer keyboard, bulk up against the screen, until I give in, escort him to the kitchen, dribble a few

more bits into the dish, and voila! Monsieur est servi!

Sigh! Whoever coined the term "cat owners"...Hah!

Wonderful big old farm house on five acres will be auctioned 7/22,

great piece of land for gardening, has a lovely pond, and a

spectacular view of the Catskills, half mile down the road from me:

http://i58.tinypic.com/azgabt.jpg

You gonna bid?

Absolutely LOVED the illustrated progress report!

Now send some of that rain here! We risk a $500 fine if caught misusing water

in various ways.

HB

There's a great old quote supposedly from Sir Winston Churchill That goes something like this: I like pigs, dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals.