Old 19-07-2014, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Yet another What is it?

On 2014-07-19 06:48:42 +0000, Jeff Layman said:

On 18/07/2014 19:12, David Hill wrote:
Came across this today, no name and no one knew it.
Bar code on the pot didn't read at the till.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps2fe523bc.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psadfcbcc5.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psdb0234c6.jpg

David @ a now sunny side of Swansea Bay where it feels a bit fresher.

Reminiscent of mimulus or a species gloxinia, but it probably isn't
either. Was it in the indoor plant section, or outside?

Or Streptocarpus? http://www.streptocarpus-info.com/tablem.html

Thanks for all the ideas, though they are all a way off
this is the whole plant, bearing in mind it came from "Reduced" plants
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7eaf54fe.jpg

After a lot more searching I at last found it
http://www.bhg.com/gardening/plant-d...ual/angelonia/
A new one to me
David @ a still rain and thunder free side of Swansea Bay

And very pretty it is. How you tracked it down, heaven knows!

To be honest nor do I , I tried following leads and searching plants
from different countries, different wholesalers here and in Europe.
Tried a google search that tries to match your picture with google pictures.
When you open a google search click on images, the search box then shows
a camera, click on that and carry on from there.
It didn't find it.