Old 19-07-2014, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Rabbit!

On 07/19/2014 08:34 AM, josephkk wrote:
ESPECIALLY the poor people! They can only afford the appalling stuff served in fast-food chains.

Like hell they can. Been there, done that. Eating at any big chain is
very expen$ive compared to eating your own cooking. BTDT. If other poor
/ cash strapped people choose to **** their income away that way, it is a
different issue.

Hi Josephkk,

Am there right now with this artificially prolonged "Great"
recession. I'd go broke if I had to eat at those places
all the time.

I have a test I call the "Burger King" test. If I can get
the price of a meal with wholesome ingredients under 1/2
the price of eating at Burger King, then I have succeeded.

Higgs totally missed the point about prosperity and
fat poor people. I first heard the phrase from an Indian
(Asian) who used it to explain why he wanted to immigrate
to America.

-T