Old 20-07-2014, 08:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Plant talk

Hi All,

I watched a fascinating documentary called "What Plants Talk
About" on Netflix/Roko. I do believe you can watch it on line
at:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episo...-episode/8243/

Apparently, plants actually cooperate as well as complete
with each other. Way more cooperation than we think too!

The most fascinating part for me was at the end, where they traced
sugars from an old growth Douglas Fir, through a fungal
network, to one of Mon's offspring. Mom was nursing its
young one. Sound nuts? Trey traced it with Carbon 14.

A fascinating documentary!

-T