Old 20-07-2014, 11:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
HomeGuy HomeGuy is offline

Default Lawn Aerator

Brooklyn1 wrote:

You conveniently deleted where I said when it DRIES... you are a
douchebag, an imbecile, and very dishonest.

And you're a dumb ****.

What do you do when it dries?

You water it, you shit-head.

What a ****ing genius you are. Core your lawn in the spring - when it
just came through freeze-thaw pulverization (if that's your climate)
when it doesn't need it, so that magically it won't be hard when it
dries in the summer (because you didn't water it).

So tell me, what sort of magic does coring do in the spring (that
freeze-thawing doesn't do) such that by summer your dried-out soil
somehow magically doesn't get hard.

And I don't care what the lawn-care industry says (they with their
vested interests in you spending money on their stuff). If your lawn is
basically there for you to look at - AND every once in a while to walk
on it, then it doesn't matter if you're in a zone that doesn't freeze.
Without punishing foot traffic (or car parking, etc) there is nothing
compacting your soil. Pulling plugs out of your lawn is for the birds
in that case.