Old 21-07-2014, 02:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn Aerator

Guv Bob wrote:
When I was testing the soil, grass roots in the good
areas went down at least 4 inches. I'm inland in
So Calif and we got less than 4 inches of rain last
year. Where the grass is established, I seldom have
to water more than once every 7-10 days. Over the
years, I have watched to see which grass dies and
which will go without water, and tried to expand the
more drought tolerant. Seat of the pants method,
but it works for me.

note that most grassed do not die completely in
drought conditions but will go dormant.

songbird