Old 21-07-2014, 03:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens

Default Lawn Aerator

On 7/20/2014 11:31 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
When I was testing the soil, grass roots in the good areas went down
at least 4 inches. I'm inland in So Calif and we got less than 4
inches of rain last year. Where the grass is established, I seldom
have to water more than once every 7-10 days. Over the years, I
have watched to see which grass dies and which will go without water,
and tried to expand the more drought tolerant. Seat of the pants
method, but it works for me.

You, Higgs Boson, and I are all in southern California. Higgs is
coastal (near Santa Monica Bay), and I am in what the National Weather
Service calls a coastal valley (near Thousand Oaks and the Santa Monica
Mountains National Recreation Area). Where are you?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see