Old 23-07-2014, 12:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ross@home Ross@home is offline

Default Silent Spring?

Without going out and actually counting them, we have roughly 50 fruit
trees on our property. Mostly apples, some pears, a few peaches, a few
sweet cherries, a couple of plum varieties and one apricot tree.
We've had off years in the past and that's to be expected but, this
year, there is a total of no more than a dozen fruit to be seen out of
all those trees.
I spend a lot of time outdoors and I can honestly say I have not seen
more than two or three honeybees so far this year.
Rachel Carson was right. All these damn sprays being indiscriminately
used are taking their toll.
Also, this time of year, when our alfalfa fields are in bloom, they
would normally be alive with Monarch Butterflies. This year, none so
far.
A pox on Monsanto and their ilk.

Ross.