Old 22-07-2014, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel rbel is offline

Default Yippee!

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:04:11 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 22/07/2014 14:39, Sacha wrote:
Echium piniana seems to be setting seed nicely.

Doesn't that mean that half of Devon will be covered in Echium seed?!

If only! I have tried three times to get some to grow here (a bit
east of Sacha and nearer the coast) but to no avail. In retrospect I
think I have tried too hard with them (two lots of seed and some
plants from Ray Brown at Plantworld). I understand now that they
appreciate neglect and poor, stoney soil rather than tlc.
--
rbel