Old 24-07-2014, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default OT Freezing Soft Fruit

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:57:39 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

For years I've frozen the very soft fruits (raspberries &
loganberries in my case)

Definitely the best way, I then use it mainly for Jam, but also use
some to add too desserts.

use it as cooked, so not too worried about the odd
frozen/cooked magot etc

Did you spray just as the fruit begins to colour, against raspberry
beetle, its the only insectside I use in the garden, as half a maggot
is worse than a whole one :-(

OT for those of you who make jam, I discard any liqued from the
defrosted fruit, as this increases the flavour.